Your Ghost Hunting Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy Skepticism

Go down

Healthy Skepticism Empty Healthy Skepticism

Post  apisBecki Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 pm

I've been thinking a great deal lately about healthy skepticism. Just this afternoon, Leo and I were looking at some ghost photography online, and many of the images appeared to be fakes (to me). Though all of them had been carefully investigated, there was one that certainly left me with a bad feeling. It was clearly (to my mind) a double-exposure.

My experience has been that many people, when faced with something that they can't explain, if they believe in ghosts and spirits, will quickly jump to the conclusion that something paranormal is behind a particular event.

On the other hand, I often try to find rational explanations for things before I jump to conclusions. I startle easily, but it's difficult to scare me as a result.

What is your take on skepticism? Do you feel that it is healthy to view things from the point of view of a skeptic, or do you have complete faith in what your senses tell you?

apisBecki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum